Using the same pre-trip inspection checklist year-round can be an expensive mistake. Winter is one of the most challenging times of year for drivers, and a few extra minutes of preparation can prevent hours of misery on the road.
Don’t leave your fleet vulnerable to preventable bad weather incidents. Download our free winter safety pre-trip checklist.
Whether you manage a heavy-duty, commercial, or delivery fleet, your drivers can use this checklist to avoid the most common hazards associated with winter driving. The free download covers:
- Pre-trip preparation - including a list of emergency equipment and supplies
- Daily inspections - because vehicles require closer inspection in colder temps
- Winter driving tips - from safety experts
The safety manager mantra, “safety is no accident,” is especially true in winter. Our winter driving pre-trip checklist is a free tool your fleet can use to minimize risk and prevent downtime.
How do your drivers prepare for bad weather? Hopefully, it’s more than just carrying chains and a shovel.
Our free winter driving checklist includes helpful winter safety tips such as:
- Plan 15 extra minutes to inspect the vehicle every morning
- Never let your fuel level drop below ¼ tank
- Keep your dashboard clear of items that may block the defrosting vents
- Avoid DOT violations by frequently removing ice and snow from lights and reflectors
Make sure your drivers and maintenance crew do everything they can to prevent expensive winter weather incidents. Download your free winter driving pre-trip safety checklist.
Don't LEAVE FLEET SAFETY TO CHANCE — Assign Winter training
Winter is an especially challenging time for your drivers. Long shifts, slick roads, and stressful situations increase the chance of incidents and driver burnout.
Online training is a cost-effective way to reduce driver stress and prevent expensive incidents. Our winter safety training plan is easy to implement and covers:
- Vehicle inspections
- Avoiding slip and fall injuries
- Road rage
- Fatigue management
- Skid control
- Winter driving (with and without chains)
Decide You'll Improve Training Today
Get the ball rolling today! Whether you oversee a commercial or delivery fleet or manage CDL drivers, ITI’s convenient online training will help you meet your safety goals. Contact one of our friendly and helpful training consultants online or by phone (360-576-5976, option 4), and discover how easy it is to get started. Ask about: